5 Best Mobile Home Movers [2022 Review]
Planning any move is stressful. Moving an entire structure like a mobile home has many more logistical challenges to consider. To ensure your relocation goes smoothly, it’s important to work with a qualified and experienced moving team. Here are the best mobile home movers available today.
The Best Mobile Home Moving Companies
- Best Overall: uShip
- Widest Service Area: Heavy Haulers
- Most Innovative Building Movers: Wolfe House & Building Movers
- Most Experienced Building Movers: Expert House Movers
- Most Customizable Moving Services: DeVooght House Lifters
Here, we’ve outlined our top mobile home moving experts. Each of the options discussed below are excellent choices for your upcoming mobile home relocation. Given the limited service areas and varied price points of these providers, we highly recommend going through a thorough quote and estimate process before booking. You can expect your mobile home move to cost anywhere from $5,000 to $13,000. If yours is a larger or double-wide home, traveling a great distance, you may see costs exceeding this range.
|Provider||Quote||Superlative||Average Cost||Service Model|
|uShip||Free Quote||Best Overall||Contact for a quote||Broker|
|Heavy Haulers||Free Quote||Widest Service Area||Contact for a quote||Carrier|
|Wolfe House & Building Movers||Free Quote||Most Innovative Building Movers||Contact for a quote||Carrier|
|Expert House Movers||Free Quote||Most Experienced Building Movers||Contact for a quote||Carrier|
|DeVooght House Lifters||Free Quote||Most Customizable Moving Services||Contact for a quote||Carrier|
uShip is a broker that connects clients with independent shippers and full-service moving professionals for a variety of single-item shipping needs. Whether your shipping needs include livestock, vehicles, or mobile home, this provider can put you in contact with a provider to help you.
Best for Single-Item Shipping
- Provides Shipping Services for Furniture, Cars, Boats, etc.
- Easy Mobile App for Tracking
- Ships for Residential and Commercial Moving
uShip provides the following services, through its independent shipping partners:
- Assorted freight
- Heavy equipment
- Single furniture items
- Jacuzzis and hot tubs
- Backyard furniture and pieces
- Shipment tracking
Your cost with uShip will largely depend on your mobile home size, as well as the distance you’ll have to travel. A recent mobile home move through uShip cost $4,250. The home in question was eight feet wide, by 48 feet long, and was traveling more than 2,000 miles between Louisiana and Washington state.
uShip’s Service Area
uShip contracts out services to all points in the US. No matter where your pickup or dropoff locations may be, they likely have a shipping partner that can help you.
Why We Like uShip
uShip consolidates a great number of independent shipping companies, contractors, and truck owners and operators. Prior to any move, you should shop around. This marketplace facilitates that process for you.
Heavy Haulers is a shipping company that specializes in large, unwieldy shipments. Construction and farm equipment, small buildings, and even full houses are well within their capabilities. Though they’ve only been in business since 2006, they’ve quickly cultivated an excellent reputation throughout the country.
As a large shipment specialist, Heavy Haulers offers the following:
- Freight shipping
- Semi-truck shipping
- Wide & oversized load shipping
- Trailer & container shipping
- Mobile home & mobile office shipping
- Building moving
Most quotes you’ll receive from Heavy Haulers or any dedicated mobile home carrier will start at $5,000 and work their way up from there. Your cost will largely depend on distance, and the size of your mobile home. Get a quote from this provider to establish your cost today.
Heavy Haulers’ Service Area
Heavy Haulers has an incredibly wide service area. They handle large-scale moves and shipments in all 50 states, including Alaska and Hawaii. No matter how large an item you need to ship, or how far it needs to travel, this provider is a great choice for you.
Why We Like Heavy Haulers
Heavy Haulers is one of the best large shipment companies in the industry today. Despite being in business for a relatively short time, they advertise a diverse service profile and have an excellent record for quality and safety.
Wolfe House & Building Movers
Wolfe House & Building Movers has been in business since 1970 and is now a leader in building lifting and shipping. Throughout the East and West Coasts, they’re well-known for being innovators within this space in the moving industry. Whether they’re moving a cottage, mobile home, or mansion, they provide excellent service.
Wolfe provides building lifting and moving for the following structures:
- Mobile homes
- Residential homes
- Mobile offices
- Commercial buildings, including museums and monuments
Wolfe also provides the following specialty services:
- Roof lifting
- Building lifting for under-excavation
- General structural support
When moving any building or mobile home, you should try to budget for at least a $5,000 relocation. The process requires special equipment, technical skill, and extreme care, and will always cost a fair amount. Contact a Wolfe House & Building Movers representative to establish your price today.
Wolfe’s Service Area
Wolfe now handles more than 500 large-scale relocations per year. Their current service area is largely confined to the West Coast, and the Eastern US (East of the Mississippi River).
Why We Like Wolfe House & Building Movers
Wolfe offers customized solutions for building moves of all sizes. For each job, they make every effort to adhere to the latest innovations in the industry. This involves the use of Buckingham jacking systems and custom-made supports on each job.
Expert House Movers
This Maryland-based large structure mover has more than 70 years of experience in the business. They handle a wide range of building moving projects, including historical landmarks, private residences, and commercial buildings.
Expert House Movers offers a full portfolio of structural moving services, including:
- Structural moving
- Structural lifting
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Historical preservation
- Foundation repair
- Bracing and underpinning
To determine the exact cost of your mobile home move, you’ll need to get a quote. Costs from this provider can be expected to fall within the normal range for such relocations. You should contact them for a quote to determine your exact cost.
Expert House Movers’ Service Area
This building mover is based in Maryland and primarily operates in the Mid-Atlantic region of the US for small to intermediate-sized relocations. Their reach for large-scale projects is nationwide.
Why We Like Expert House Movers
Expert House Movers’ 70 years of experience and excellent safety record are what set them apart. They’re one of the longest-tenured movers of this kind, and they bring this expertise to each relocation they take on.
DeVooght House Lifters
DeVooght House Lifters is a specialist in the building moving field. Through nearly 60 years in the industry, they’ve ironed out efficient processes for every possible building move you could need. This operator is well-respected within the industry for the quality and breadth of their service offerings, as well as their record of customer satisfaction.
DeVooght offers numerous building relocation services, assisted by their fleet of trucks and hydraulic lifts. These include:
- House lifting & moving
- Mobile home moving
- Foundation repair
- Shoreline and water damage repair
- Historic preservation services
To get an estimate for your mobile home move, you should contact DeVooght. Quotes are always free, and building moving parameters and cost factors vary greatly. You should thoroughly look into this with any moving company you evaluate.
DeVooght’s Service Area
DeVooght has locations in eight states: North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. If you’re located near any of these hubs, you should consider DeVooght for your structural relocation needs.
Why We Like DeVooght House Lifters
DeVooght’s service profile allows them to help an array of clients, no matter what the need may be. With their decades of experience, they’re able to make any building relocation a relatively simple task. Your mobile home move will be in capable hands with DeVooght. They’ve moved everything from barns to airplane hangars; a mobile home is relatively routine for them.
Get A Quote
Before settling on a mobile home moving expert, you should evaluate all of your options. Get quotes from each specialist you consider. Doing so will help you to get a feel for a given operator’s strengths and weaknesses, as well as their ability to handle customer requests and stipulations. All quotes are complementary; you won’t have to worry about paying a deposit after an estimate has been conducted.
When you’re looking into moving companies to handle your mobile home relocation, you should thoroughly evaluate each provider’s registration status and track record. Here are some key points to consider:
- Service profile: Many building movers offer a similar range of services, but this is still worth checking up on. During an estimate, you should ask how exactly a given company will handle your mobile home move in particular.
- Customer reviews: Moving companies of any size rely heavily on customer feedback and reviews in order to land repeat business and new clients. Look into such feedback from multiple sources, including social media, Google, Yelp, and Better Business Bureau.
- Proper registration: Any mover conducting building transportation services has to be registered with the USDOT, and have an MC number. You should inquire about this during your estimates.
- Workers’ compensation: All moving companies are required to carry this insurance. It protects you in the event of a work-related injury during your move. Without such coverage, you could be held liable for damages.
There are a number of influencing factors that could affect your bottom line. Here are a few you should consider before booking a mobile home move.
- Mobile home size and weight
- Shipping distance
- Crawl space size underneath the structure
- House construction style or material
- Working room around the building
- Overhanging trees or power lines
- Foundation anchoring
- Building condition
At Pro Mover Reviews, we are committed to providing our readers with comprehensive and unbiased information on each provider that we review. Our methodology is a step-by-step process that ensures we maintain your trust through transparency and data that is backed up through routine check-ins. Our staff has spent hundreds of hours reviewing dozens of local, long-distance, and international moving companies to bring you our recommendation for the best moving companies in the US. We then narrowed down our findings based on criteria that we find to be the most helpful for you to choose the best moving company for your needs.
Our Rating Categories:
- Company Transparency
- Pricing + Cost
- Services Offered
- Overall Reputation
While there are many sites out there that compare movers, we believe our rigorous standards give us more insights into company performance and better data to share with our community. For each moving company we check for:
- Confirmed Licensing with the DOT
- Updated & Verified Business Registration
- Real & Recent Consumer Reviews
- Industry Ratings and BBB Complaints
- Accuracy of Online Quotes
- Services Provided & Total Service Area
- Pricing & Services vs. Competitors
From here we created a comprehensive, 100 point, rating scale based on the following factors:
- Moving services (25): Companies that offer more flexibility in their services are rated higher.
- Coverage of services (5): The more items a moving company can handle, the higher the score.
- Pricing (25): We compare this to the industry average when rating pricing.
- Trustworthiness (25): We comb through hundreds of reviews and check on BBB ratings to determine the trustworthiness of a company.
- State availability (5): Finding a moving company in your state can be a challenge depending on where you are located. The more states covered, the higher the score.
- Customer service (10): Is this moving company responsive? Do they respond quickly to issues that are brought to their attention? Are they helpful in answering questions? All of these factors are considered when rating customer service.
- Additional benefits (5): Moving companies can sometimes offer special promotions or deals when contracting them for a move. The companies with the most benefit scored higher.
Of the dozens of different moving companies that we’ve reviewed, we’ve broken down the best interstate and long-distance movers in Indiana. To keep our ratings and data current, we have a full-time researcher who collects (and regularly updates) more than 100 specific data points from each company to help us compare them on key factors such as coverage, cost, service, and dependability. This list is ever-changing, as companies will update policies and procedures, and we will change our information accordingly.
FAQs for the Best Mobile Home Movers
Should I expect some minor damage when having a mobile home moved?
Some cosmetic damage, such as cracks in drywall or slightly dented siding, is normal when moving a mobile home. Real structural damage, however, is not. When you hire a professional to help with your mobile home relocation, you shouldn’t expect this kind of complication to arise.
Should I consult a general contractor before moving my mobile home?
Yes. You should always hire a professional to disconnect all electrical, water, and sewer lines prior to moving. If your home is anchored into the ground, then your GC should handle this as well. Some building movers can offer this service, but you will have to discuss this with your company representative beforehand.
Can my mobile home mover install a foundation at the drop-off location?
Building movers won’t operate in this capacity. However, you’ll almost always need a building permit if you plan on making serious modifications to your mobile home’s destination property.